Friday, August 12, 2011
Each weekday, we at YouTube Trends take a look at the most interesting videos and cultural phenomena on YouTube as they develop. We want take a moment to highlight some of what we've come across this week:
- We looked back at the most popular Spike Jonze music videos.
- We explained what that 'QWOP' thing is all about.
- We saw how Disney's theme park marketing has taken advantage of popular YouTube fads.
- We examined our recent fascination with tiny-home ownership.
- We enjoyed a collection of human feats, as collected by What's Trending.
- We saw some unfortunate drivers from around the world.
- And we tracked the riots in London as they began and spread, and later found that "riot" searches hit an all-time high this summer. A number of specific videos, like this one of a man confronting looters, drew significant interest in the UK and abroad:
Check back every day for the latest about what's trending on YouTube at: www.YouTube.com/Trends
Kevin Allocca, YouTube Trends Manager, recently watched "Jay-Z & Kanye West - Otis.