One of our favorite times of the year is when we all get together at VidCon. We can’t tell you how exciting it’s been to see VidCon expand to over 8,000 attendees in just three years, including thousands of creators from emerging talent to superstars, media companies to advertising agencies.
A lot has happened in the past year on YouTube -- we’ve evolved our product and tools, and launched initiatives to help you improve your skills and build audiences. Our goal at VidCon this year is simple: we want to connect with and listen to you. We want to hear how we can improve your experience on YouTube, and to hopefully share a thing or two that we’ve learned along the way. Oh, and as always, there will be a few surprises.
You can find out what we’re up to below and reviewing the Vidcon 2012 agenda. And, don’t forget! There are a few ways that you can take advantage of what we’ll be doing at VidCon now, so be sure to sign up as seats will go quickly!
- Industry Day Keynote: We’re excited to kick off our presence at VidCon with a keynote on Industry Day (Thursday June 28th at 5:00pm PT), where we’ll give you an inside look at what we’ve been up to and how we’re setting up our partners for long-term success. And yes--there will be a few surprises.
- Partner Support & Next Lab Open House Sessions: This is your chance to meet with the YouTube Partner Support and YouTube Next Lab teams 1:1 or in small groups to find solutions to your account issues, and to brainstorm strategic ways of improving your channel and building an audience. Some of the Partner Support Open House sessions and all of the Next Lab Open House sessions will be available throughout Friday and Saturday for walk ins. We’ll share a schedule of all of the sessions at VidCon. But if you want to guarantee a scheduled spot, be sure to sign up now!
- Interested in attending Partner Support Open House sessions? Check out a list of sample topics we’ll be discussing and sign up here: goo.gl/OcFMi
- Interested in attending Next Lab Open House sessions to learn how to apply the strategies in the Creator Playbook and brainstorm other ideas to improve your channel? No sign-up required! Check out the YouTube flyers in your Vidcon goodie bags for specific times to drop in!
- Partner Product Feedback Sessions: Our Product Managers and Engineers are hosting feedback sessions for YouTube tools and features. Examples of sessions include: ‘Channel Presentation & Engagement’, ‘Homepage, Guide, and Subscriptions’, ‘YouTube Analytics’ and more. This is a great opportunity to share your constructive thoughts with the teams that build our products.
- Interested in attending Product Feedback Sessions? Sign up here: goo.gl/doBRq
- Workshops & Panels: Join us for a variety of workshops where you can hear directly from the YouTube team on how to be a successful partner on the platform. Topics include: Mastering the Partner Program, Collaborating with YouTube Stars, and Data Ninja: Using Analytics to Grow on YouTube.
- Interested in attending YouTube panels and workshops? No sign-up required! Check out the VidCon agenda for more info on each workshop.
The YouTube Team